- Shivapuri Hiking
Shivapuri situated at an elevation of 2563m north of Kathmandu is the second highest hill around Kathmandu valley. Bagdwar, source of holy river Bagmati, is located near Shivapuri.
Early in the morning, you drive from Kathmandu to Muhan Pokhari for about 30 minutes. After checking the formalities at the Shivapuri entrance gate, you enter Shivapuri watershed and wildlife area. You commence your hike from the southern boundary of the area where the army check-post is located. The trail goes along the rugged motor-able road through pine and cherry forest up to Nangi Gompa within one and half hours, where a nunnery monastery is located. Beyond the monastery, the trail goes steep uphill through the oak, rhododendron and bamboo forest for another three hours.
From here one can enjoy the beauty of snowy Himalayas such as Ganesh Himal, Langtang-Lirung, Dorji Lhakpa and you take a shortcut downhill to Budhanilkantha in about two and half hours and drive back to Kathmandu.
Trip duration – 05 days
Trek Duration – 01 days
Max. Altitude – 1,970mm
Group Size – Min-1
Hiking Start – Budhanilkantha
Hiking End – Budhanilkantha
Grade – Easy
Transportation – Drive
Culture – Buddhist and Hindu
You will be received by our representatives and will be transferred to hotel. After checking into our rooms, stay overnight in hotel Kathmandu.
Half day Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour of three places: Kathmandu: Swayambu Nath Stupa, famous hindu Temple of Pashupatinath and buddhist pilgrims of Bouddhanath Stupa , overnight at hotel.
1. Airport picks up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
2. Three night standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival day and after the trekking).
3. Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the hiking.
4. Kathmandu to Budhanilkantha by car .
5. Budhanilkantha to Kathmandu by car..
6. All standard accommodations during the hiking in Nagarkot.
7. An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide.
8. Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide.
9. All government taxes.
1. Nepal entry visa fee
2. Your Travel insurance.
3. Your personal expenses.
4. Food while you are in Kathmandu.
5. International airfare and airport departure tax.
6. All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
7. Sweet things like chocolate.
8. Tips for the guide.